MERGERS & AQUISITIONS
Following is a variety of mergers and acquisitions in which JLP’s partners have provided legal representation.
- The sale of Miramax Films to Filmyard Holdings, an investment group led by Colony Capital and Ronald Tutor.
- The acquisition of Lifetime Entertainment Services by A&E Television Networks, resulting in a combined company operating 10 domestic television networks and over 20 websites throughout the world.
- The sale and license of a chain of over 300 specialty retail stores in North America to The Children’s Place and the subsequent repurchase of those retail stores through a bankruptcy proceeding.
- The acquisition by an international media company of Club Penguin Entertainment, operator of a popular children’s online interactive community with more than 700,000 subscribers worldwide.
- The sale of the Movies.com entertainment website to Fandango.com, a leading online movie ticketing service.
- The acquisition by an international media company of Togetherville, Inc., operator of a children’s online interactive community.
- The sale of the Los Angeles Angels Major League Baseball club to Arturo Moreno.
- The sale of the Ducks of Anaheim National Hockey League club to Dr. Henry Samueli.
- The acquisition of various cable television systems and assets by Charter Communications, Inc.
- The acquisition by a private equity fund sponsored by Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. of Thrifty Corporation and Big 5 Corporation.
- The acquisition of PayLess Drug Stores by Thrifty Drug Stores and the sale of Thrifty/PayLess to Rite Aid Corporation.
- The sale of software maker The Learning Company by Mattel, Inc. to a private equity fund.
- The acquisitions of BabyCenter and eParties by eToys Inc. and the sale of the Consumer Health Interactive division of BabyCenter to Advance Paradigm.
- The acquisition of Infoseek by an international media company and the subsequent formation of the company’s internet group through the combination of Infoseek and internally developed websites.
- The acquisition of the electron devices division of Varian Associates by Communications & Power Industries.
Juzwiak & Lee Partners, LLP
12240 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 101
Studio City, California 91604
Telephone: (818) 358-3400
Facsimile: (818) 691-0589
Disclaimer | © Juzwiak & Lee Partners, LLP